- Understand the Seven Wastes and be able to actively support efforts to reduce them.
- Recognize value-added from the customer’s perspective.
- Use Brown-Paper Flowcharts, Workflow Diagrams and Value Stream Maps to document current processes.
- “Question” workflows to identify non-value-adding activities and tasks.
- Develop a plan to simplify and streamline workflows.
- Support a 5S effort in their work area.
- Understand the power of error-proofing to prevent future problems.
- Assist a Business Process TPM effort.
- Be able to track macro measures of the Lean initiative.