Operators, process engineers, maintenance personnel,
and manufacturing managers
Time To Complete
1.5 hours (0.2 CEUs)
What is Set-Up Reduction?
Perhaps one of the most important yet underappreciated
aspects of lean is reducing the time to set-up or changeover
processes from one product to another. Whenever process
equipment is being "set-up" or "changed-over" to make the
next part, it is not productive and "waste" is incurred.
Reducing set-up time converts time equipment is shutdown
being reconfigured to make another product into productive
time. When this is achieved, many benefits are realized.
Reducing the time it takes to set-up equipment increases
the available capacity to make more product. If you can
"sell the capacity" that becomes available, there is a
direct benefit to the bottom line. Reduced set-up times lead
to greater operational flexibility providing the ability to
respond quickly to customer needs.
Set-Up Reduction Basics Online Training
Set-Up Reduction Basics introduces learners to the
importance of quick equipment changeover and teaches the
basic tools to reduce set-up time.
This Training Enables Learners To...
- Describe the purpose and benefits of reducing set-up time.
- Show the relationship between the Seven Wastes and Set-Up Reduction.
- Identify the key components of set-up reduction and explain the role each plays in reducing set-up time.
- Explain the difference between internal and external set-up time.
- Identify opportunities to:
- Convert internal set-up tasks to external ones.
- Combine or eliminate set-up activities.
- Reduce travel and motion.
- Use portable set-up carts.
- Minimize the use of tools and optimize the use of fasteners.
- Monitor and subsequently improve performance.
You May Also Be Interested In...
The 5S's: Workplace Organization
- Comprehensive training in the concepts and application
of the 5S's (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and
Sustain) and how to apply these techniques on the job.
Lean Manufacturing - Online
training that provides learners with a comprehensive
understanding of how Lean Manufacturing works in a
Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive
online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques
for manufacturing operations.