Time To Complete
1.5 hours (0.2 CEUs)
What is the Visual Workplace?
When an organization commits to create a Visual
Workplace, they are committing to exploring ways that make
it easier for people to get their work done effectively and
efficiently. Most Visual Workplace techniques involve the
use of relatively “low-tech” common-sense modifications to
work practices. The techniques either make jobs easier to
do, highlight potential problems that may be emerging before
they become serious or help identify something that has gone
wrong – all through the use of visual controls, visual
displays or visual prompts.
Visual Workplace techniques become indispensable “aids”
when they become woven into the very fabric of the job.
Visual Workplace practices can help transform procedures and
processes by becoming always-available self-help (visual)
cues that simplify tasks while making them more repeatable
Visual Workplace Basics Online Training
Visual Workplace Basics introduces learners to the
concept of visual controls, prompts and displays as tools
that can make work easier and reduce errors.
This Training Enables Learners To...
- Describe what is meant by the Visual Workplace.
- List the underlying tenets of Visual Workplace.
- Understand the meaning of Visual Controls, Prompts and Displays.
- Identify candidates for the use of Visual Workplace techniques.
- Explain how visual aids, supports and alerts can make it easier to do things the right way and reduce waste.
- List specific examples of Visual Controls, Visual Prompts and Visual Displays.
You May Also Be Interested In...
The 5S's: Workplace Organization
- Comprehensive training in the concepts and application
of the 5S's (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and
Sustain) and how to apply these techniques on the job.
Lean Manufacturing - Online
training that provides learners with a comprehensive
understanding of how Lean Manufacturing works in a
Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive
online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques
for manufacturing operations.