Voting and Ranking
What It Is Used For
- To use a groupís expertise to select from among options.
When to Use It
- With a team and when there are limited data to help select an
option or a solution to a problem.
- This technique provides more discrimination between options than
the Nominal Group Technique.
- Like the Nominal Group Technique, this technique is only as good
as the skills and knowledge of the team that is using it.
- Voting and Ranking should not be used as a substitute for
collecting data (especially during root cause analysis).