FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
What It Is Used For
- To methodically examine a process or product design to identify
where failures can occur and what the relative risks are for each
mode of failure.
When to Use It
- Start using this tool during the design stage for any process or
- On existing products and processes, this tool can be used at any
time as part of improvement efforts.
- FMEAs are a complex undertaking and should always be conducted by
- FMEAs need to be updated whenever changes are made to the process