DOE Screening Experiments Training
What is Design of Experiments?
Screening Experiments are the most powerful of Design of Experiments techniques for uncovering the power factors in a manufacturing process. With a small number of experimental runs and very little data, you can make significant improvements to processes. The most common screening experiment techniques – Taguchi and Plackett-Burman techniques are covered in detail in this course.
Design of Experiments Online Training
Now you can learn how to conduct DOE screening experiments with this comprehensive online training program in the comfort of your own office. By learning the powerful Design of Experiments techniques developed by Plackett-Burman and Taguchi you will be able to set-up and conduct your own in-house DOE screening experiments without outside consultants or seminars.
Because this training is self-paced, you can develop your own experimental design as you go through the training. DOE worksheets and step-by-step DOE instructions will guide you through the process. If your company is implementing a lean six sigma initiative, you know how important it is to optimize your manufacturing processes with DOE. This Design of Experiments training course will give you the tools you need to get the most from this powerful statistical quality improvement technique.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Describe why design of experiments (DOE) are more efficient and effective than one-at-a-time (OAT) experimentation.
- Distinguish between various types of designed experiments and identify when they are best used.
- Plan a designed experiment.
- Conduct a Plackett-Burman DOE and then analyze experimental results and calculate the statistical significance of factor effects.
- Explain how Taguchi techniques focus on the robustness of the product and describe how the Quality (Taguchi) Loss Function is used.
- Determine the proper Taguchi design to use for a specific application.
- Salvage experiments if data are lost.
- Basic math skills.
- A basic understanding of statistics and concepts of variation.
- Basic SPC and Advanced SPC or the equivalent.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- 8D Problem-Solving – Step-by-step training in how to work on a problem-solving team follow the 8D methodology including tools and techniques that are used in each step.
- DMAIC Basics – Web-based training on how to solve problems using the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) process.
- Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action – Leads the learner through a four-step process to get to the root cause (source) of problems to eliminated problems for good.