Lean for Business Processes Training
How can Lean Concepts Apply in Non-Manufacturing?
Lean manufacturing has been used both conceptually and in practice to identify and eliminate waste in manufacturing operations for years. Can Lean Manufacturing principles and practices be applied to business processes? Of course! Lean is all about getting waste out of processes and waste isn’t just something that happens in manufacturing. Non-manufacturing processes have hand-offs, disconnects, incomplete communications and rework loops. Office and support processes are often ripe for streamlining and many of the same improvement tools such as process mapping, the 5S’s, and error-proofing can be used to achieve significant efficiencies. Lean process measures can then be put into place to monitor the improvement results, hold the gains and identify new opportunities for improvement.
Lean Business Processes Online Training
Lean for Business Processes online training is designed specifically for those working in business processes and transactional environments. The course begins with explanations and examples of the Seven Wastes in “office-friendly” terms. Process mapping techniques are coupled with process streamlining methods to demonstrate how value streams can be configured to be more effective. The course adds 5S, error-proofing and TPM techniques to the Lean Business Process arsenal and wraps up with descriptions of measures that can be used to sustain and expand the Lean initiative. We also have a Lean Manufacturing course for manufacturing environments.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Understand the Seven Wastes and be able to actively support efforts to reduce them.
- Recognize value-added from the customer’s perspective.
- Use Brown-Paper Flowcharts, Workflow Diagrams and Value Stream Maps to document current processes.
- “Question” workflows to identify non-value-adding activities and tasks.
- Develop a plan to simplify and streamline workflows.
- Support a 5S effort in their work area.
- Understand the power of error-proofing to prevent future problems.
- Assist a Business Process TPM effort.
- Be able to track macro measures of the Lean initiative.
- An understanding and application of the principles of the 5S’s such as Introduction to the 5S’s or equivalent.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- The 5S’s: Workplace Organization – Comprehensive training in the concepts and application of the 5S’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) and how to apply these techniques on the job.
- 8D Problem-Solving – Step-by-step training in how to work on a problem-solving team follow the 8D methodology including tools and techniques that are used in each step.