Lean Manufacturing Training
What is Lean Manufacturing?
Simply put, lean organizations are customer-focused. They reduce waste in their value streams by improving workflows and then by subsequently improving the physical layout of their facilities. Process capacity is managed and actually increased by reducing set-up times, improving quality, and ensuring equipment works when it is counted upon to work.
Successful implementation of a lean initiative will improve an organization’s marketplace and financial performance. However, many aspects of lean are counter-intuitive to traditional manufacturing thinking and practices. It is vital that organizations adopting a lean approach understand the scope, the many elements, and the potential pitfalls of lean.
Lean Manufacturing Online Training
This course provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of how Lean Manufacturing works in a manufacturing company. Lean concepts (why lean, lean terminology, identifying wastes, Value Stream Mapping methods and the linkage between lean and Six Sigma) and lean practices (streamlining the value stream, workplace organization, ensuring predictability and consistency, set-up reduction, TPM, the visual workplace and continuous improvement) are covered. The course provides the learner with lean implementation suggestions including approaches for addressing people issues, collecting and analyzing data to plan and track lean efforts, process workflow and layouts options with rationale and a sequential roadmap.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Understand the terms, terminology, and benefits of Lean Manufacturing.
- Conduct value stream maps of the current state, identify the potentials for reduced waste and improved flow, and develop a future state map.
- Participate in the development of a site-specific lean implementation roadmap.
- Avoid the common pitfalls encountered during lean implementation.
- Understanding and application of the principles of the 5S’s such as Introduction to the 5S’s or equivalent.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- The 5S’s: Workplace Organization – Comprehensive training in the concepts and application of the 5S’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) and how to apply these techniques on the job.
- Lean for Job Shops – Online training in how to apply lean manufacturing techniques in short-run, job shop environments.
- Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques for manufacturing operations.