Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action Training
What is Root Cause Analysis (RCA)?
Root cause analysis (RCA) involves searching backwards from an undesirable effect (or problem) to its cause(s) and addressing those causes. While the term “Root Cause” implies that there is a single cause for a problem, often multiple causes interact and work together to trigger the problem. The root cause analysis task is to identify potential causes, determine which cause or causes are root causes and address those root causes to ensure the effect (the problem) does not recur. RCA is important because if a problem has occurred once, it most likely will occur again. However, if the root cause is found and addressed, future occurrences of the same problem CAN BE PREVENTED! Root cause analysis and corrective action is the key to preventing future problems.
Root Cause Analysis Training Online
Root Cause Analysis Training takes the learner through a four-step process for uncovering and tackling sources of problems and defects so that root causes can be addressed and the resulting problems eliminated for good. This comprehensive Root Cause Analysis Training is a “how to” course that will enables learners working alone or in teams to find and fix the root cause of problems. For an introduction to the terminology and process of root cause analysis, please see Overview of Root Cause Analysis.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Analyze a problem and uncover its root cause(s).
- Develop solutions to get rid of, fix or overcome root causes of problems.
- Ensure that solutions to problems stay in place and continue to work effectively.
- Learners should be involved in root cause analysis or working on a problem-solving team so that what is learned in the training can be immediately applied and should have a basic understanding of the problem solving process such as 8D Problem-Solving or DMAIC Basics or the equivalent.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques for manufacturing operations.
- 8D Problem-Solving – Step-by-step training in how to work on a problem-solving team follow the 8D methodology including tools and techniques that are used in each step.
- DMAIC Basics – Web-based training on how to solve problems using the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) process.