Process FMEA Scope
- Defining the scope for a PFMEA can be more difficult than for a DFMEA because a process often has more elements to cover than a design.
- Your PFMEA team will be most effective when the scope of the FMEA is well-defined.
- The PFMEA Scope Worksheet provides your team with the necessary information to clarify and fully understand the scope of the study.
- If the scope of a PFMEA seems too big, your team should consider breaking it up into two or three complementary studies.
- Once your FMEA team has defined the scope of the PFMEA, you should complete the FMEA Team Start-Up Worksheet. The worksheet will help clarify roles and responsibilities and define boundaries of freedom for the team.