Sirens are audible alarms and normally are used to convey an emergency situation. The emergency can be safety or process related (such as a line shutdown). Sirens are activated by the output from a relay, PLC, or process control system.
- To warn of an unsafe condition.
- To notify of a deviation of a critical process parameter from its set point.
- To summon help to an area.
- People associate sirens with an emergency.
- Can be located remotely from the process.
- Models are available for indoors and outdoors applications.
- Can sound up to 130 db.