What is Mistake-Proofing (Poka Yoke)?
Mistakes seem to happen at the worst time. At work, just before a critical shipment, an inadvertent mistake causes the entire shipment to be rejected. Or at home, just before leaving for a long anticipated vacation, “Murphy’s Laws” intervene, and a series of seemingly unavoidable mistakes delays our departure.
Can we defeat Murphy’s Laws? Can we eliminate these costly mistakes? Probably not totally, but the use of mistaking-proofing tools and techniques will put an end to many of the repetitive, costly mistakes that rob us of time and money both at home and at work. Mistake-Proofing is more than just incremental improvements or trying harder to do a better job. Mistake-Proofing techniques don’t just reduce the chance of making errors, they can eliminate the possibility for error altogether.
Introduction to Mistake-Proofing Online Training
Introduction to Mistake-Proofing is an online training course designed to introduce learners to the prevention-focused mindset that is the cornerstone of mistake-proofing. Learners will also become familiar with mistake-proofing concepts, tools and techniques used to formulate (and evaluate) mistake-proofing solutions. For more in-depth, step-by-step training on Mistake-Proofing, please see our Mistake-Proofing Training or Error-Proofing Business Processes online courses.
This Training Enables Learners To…
- Understand the mistake-proofing mindset.
- Be familiar with the 4 mistake-proofing effects, 2 forms of outcomes and 8 types of mistake-proofing solutions.
- Be acquainted with basic root cause analysis tools needed for mistake-proofing solutions.
- Be aware of how to assess potential solutions to determine if they are practical, feasible, cost-effective, robust and sustainable.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques for manufacturing operations.
- 8D Problem-Solving – Step-by-step training in how to work on a problem-solving team follow the 8D methodology including tools and techniques that are used in each step.
- Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action – Leads the learner through a four-step process to get to the root cause (source) of problems to eliminated problems for good.