Lean Six Sigma uses the analogy of belt colors (most often associated with martial arts) to designate competence in applying lean six sigma tools to problem solving and process improvement. A Green Belt is usually the second step in the progression to become an expert in Lean Six Sigma.
A Green Belt has solid problem solving skills developed through training and application as a member of problem solving teams. Green Belts can provide guidance to less experienced team members and can also serve as team leaders.
Green Belt Training Curriculum
Our Green Belt Training Curriculum starts with a foundation in team problem-solving tools within the context of a specific problem-solving model (8D or DMAIC). Green Belt candidates also get a comprehensive background in Lean Six Sigma principles and practices. Basic Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) training round out the curriculum.
Options for Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing versions of the SPC, FMEA and Lean courses assure that the examples throughout the training resonate and are relevant for learners.
QualityTrainingPortal’s online training offers a cost-effective alternative for Green Belt Training that fits into daily work demands and assures that everyone receives the same consistent, high quality instruction.
Benefits of Online Green Belt Training
- Training can be fit into the work schedule, for example, one hour at the end of each day. No need to be out of the office for full days to attend a seminar.
- All employees going through the training learn the exact same material and terminology. Getting new employees up to speed is as easy as registering them for the online courses.
- People with a solid knowledge of specific topics can quickly move through the training, take the tests and complete the course.
- If someone isn’t going to be using one of the tools, they don’t have to take that training course. You, as the administrator, decide the actual curriculum for each employee.
- If someone needs more in-depth training just add that course to their curriculum.
- Without compromising quality, the cost of training is a fraction the cost of instructor-led training.
- Travel costs are eliminated.
- Administration is easy using the QualityTrainingPortal LMS or integrate the courses into your own LMS.
- Training is available when you need it; not when the seminar is offered.
Courses in the Green Belt Training Curriculum
8-D Problem Solving teaches learners how to solve problems in a team setting using the 8D (8Discipline) problem-solving method. OR DMAIC Basics that takes learners through the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control phases sequentially providing in-depth instruction on how each phase works and builds upon the past phase.
Lean Manufacturing provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of how Lean Manufacturing works in a manufacturing company. OR Lean for Business Processes is designed specifically for those working in business processes and transactional environments.
Basic SPC provides a solid understanding of variation and the statistics upon which control charts are based. OR Basic SPC for Business Processes which provides comparable training as our Basic SPC course except the context of examples are in office settings and transactional environments.
FMEA Training provides step-by-step instructions on how to conduct both Design-FMEAs (DFMEAs) and Process-FMEAs (PFMEAs). OR FMEA for Business Processes which provides comparable training as our FMEA Training course except the context of examples are in office settings and transactional environments and it only focuses on Process FMEAs since Design FMEAs are not used in transactional settings.
Recommended Training Schedule
Because our training is online and available 24/7/365, you determine your training schedule, based on your needs and time available. Courses can be taken one after another and the curriculum could be completed in one to two weeks. Another approach might be to require completion of one course a month, which means the Green Belt Training Curriculum would be completed in 4 months. The choice is yours.
Cost of Green Belt Training
Cost of the Green Belt Training courses depends on how many people are going to take the training. For an individual, cost for the 4 courses is $276. Quantity discounts reduce the cost of the training for companies and work teams who purchase subscriptions. This will explain how credits are purchased that can then be used to assign training courses.