Lean Six Sigma uses the analogy of belt colors (most often associated with martial arts) to designate competence in applying lean six sigma tools to problem solving and process improvement. A Black Belt is usually considered the highest level expert in Lean Six Sigma.
A Black Belt has in-depth problem solving skills and extensive experience using statistical manufacturing techniques to improve quality and hold the gains. Black Belts are considered expert problem-solvers within an organization and are often called upon to tackle chronic or acute quality issues as well as serving as a resource or facilitator to problem-solving teams. Black Belts may be full-time problem solvers moving to problem areas within an organization as needed or they can serve in another capacity, but be called upon when a problem flares up.
In addition to years of experience solving problems and guiding problem-solving teams, Black Belts have extensive training in problem-solving and process improvement techniques. Their skills enable them to work on a wide variety of issues even if they are not familiar with the core technology.
Black Belt Training Curriculum
Our Black Belt Curriculum focuses on advanced quality techniques and statistical tools including Advanced Statistical Process Control (SPC), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), DOE Screen Experiments and Root Cause Analysis with Corrective Action. The Black Belt Training Curriculum is rounded out with leadership training in the Role of a Lean Six Sigma Champion.
QualityTrainingPortal’s online training offers a cost-effective alternative for Black Belt Training that fits into daily work demands and assures that everyone receives the same consistent, high quality instruction.
Benefits of Online Black Belt Training
- Training can be fit into the work schedule, for example, one hour at the end of each day. No need to be out of the office for full days to attend a seminar.
- All employees going through the training learn the exact same material and terminology. Getting new employees up to speed is as easy as registering them for the online courses.
- People with a solid knowledge of specific topics can quickly move through the training, take the tests and complete the course.
- If someone isn’t going to be using one of the tools, they don’t have to take that training course. You, as the administrator, decide the actual curriculum for each employee.
- If someone needs more in-depth training just add that course to their curriculum.
- Without compromising quality, the cost of training is a fraction the cost of instructor-led training.
- Travel costs are eliminated.
- Administration is easy using the QualityTrainingPortal LMS or integrate the courses into your own LMS.
- Training is available when you need it; not when the seminar is offered.
Courses in the Black Belt Training Curriculum
These courses build on prior skills developed during Green Belt training.
Advanced SPC prepares your in-house experts to apply advanced statistical techniques and concepts throughout your operations.
Measurement System Analysis training includes detailed tutorials on many measurement system analysis techniques including how to conduct and analyze GR&R (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility) Studies.
DOE Screening Experiments teaches the powerful Design of Experiments techniques developed by Plackett-Burman and Taguchi so the Black Belt is able to set-up and conduct in-house DOE screening experiments without outside consultants or seminars
Root Cause Analysis provides comprehensive training in the four-step process for uncovering and tackling sources of problems and defects so that root causes can be addressed and the resulting problems eliminated for good.
Role of a Champion explores basic champion roles, presents a sustainable support infrastructure for champions and prepares champions for common pitfalls.
Recommended Training Schedule
Because our training is online and available 24/7/365, you determine your training schedule, based on your needs and time available. Courses can be taken one after another and the curriculum could be completed in one to two weeks. Another approach might be to require completion of one course a month, which means the Black Belt Training Curriculum would be completed in 5 months. The choice is yours.
Cost of Black Belt Training
Cost of the Black Belt Training courses depends on how many people are going to take the training. For an individual, cost for the 5 courses is $276. Quantity discounts reduce the cost of the training for companies and work teams who purchase subscriptions. This will explain how credits are purchased that can then be used to assign training courses.