A3 Problem-Solving Training Online
A3 Problem-Solving Online Training is an easy and cost-effective way to get A3 Problem-Solving teams up and running without expensive consultants or resource draining in-house training efforts.
Give your A3 Problem-Solving teams the tools they need
This training will equip A3 Problem-Solving Team members with the tools and process to solve problems using the A3 approach. Similar to most problem-solving models, A3 Problem-Solving is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle. In addition to detailed instruction on each of the nine steps of the A3 process, learners follow an actual A3 project throughout the course of the training. This helps bring the concepts to life and enables participants to see how the tools, techniques and process will work with their own projects. Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be ready to work on A3 Problem-Solving teams.
What is A3 Problem-Solving?
A3 Problem-Solving, like 8D and DMAIC Problem-Solving is a step-wise problem-solving process based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle. What makes A3 Problem-Solving unique is the simple, concise visual reporting structure coupled with a focus on communicating the status and progress of solving a problem throughout the process. The on-going reporting format is succinct and literally fits onto an A3 size of paper (11″ x 17″). The A3 Report is essentially a storyboard that concisely displays the A3 Team’s thought process, discoveries and action taken in real-time graphical form.
A3 Problem-Solving Training Enables Learners To…
- See the link between the A3 Problem-Solving approach and the PDCA cycle.
- Use the A3 problem-Solving model to solve problems.
- Apply problem-solving tools throughout the problem-solving process.
- Effectively use the visual reporting and communication aspects of the A3 approach.
You May Also Be Interested In…
- Quality Improvement Fundamentals – This course focuses on gathering data and using that data with eight powerful data display tools that literally turn the data into pictures.
- Mistake-Proofing Training – Comprehensive online training in poka yoke/mistake-proofing techniques for manufacturing operations.
- The Five Whys – Focused training in how to use the Five Whys technique to get to the root cause of problems.
A3 Problem-Solving Training Course Objectives
- Understand how the A3 approach and the PDCA cycle are linked.
- Learn how to use the A3 model to solve problems.
- Apply the appropriate problem-solving tools throughout the problem-solving process.
- Know how to effectively use the visual reporting and communication aspects of the A3 approach.
A3 Problem-Solving Course Outline
Lesson 1 | A3 & PDCA
- Realize that the A3 Problem-Solving is based on the PDCA cycle.
- Understand the similarities and differences between the A3, 8D and DMAIC problem-solving approaches.
- Recognize how the A3 reporting structure provides a compelling visual means of tracking and communicating the progress of addressing a problem.
Lesson 2 | Plan: A3 Steps 1-6
- Know how to clarify and validate the problem.
- Be able to use data to identify the performance shortfall and where in the process is it falling short.
- Understand how to contain “harm” and stabilize the process for the short-term.
- Recognize how to establish a target for the future state.
- Appreciate how to use tools and techniques to identify the root cause.
- Understand how to develop countermeasures to the root cause.
Lesson 3 | Do: A3 Step 7
- Understand how to develop Action Plans using either Simple or Complex Action Plans formats.
- Learn how to use Project Management tools such as Activity Plans, PERT Charts and Gantt Charts to develop Action Plans to manage and track execution of the countermeasure.
Lesson 4 | Check: A3 Step 8
- Confirm that the countermeasure will do what it was intended to do under all reasonable conditions.
- Use techniques to ensure the problem does not recur.
- Remove unnecessary “Contain & Stabilize” measures.
Lesson 5 | Act: A3 Step 9
- Know which associated documents and systems to update.
- Recognize how powerful it can be to share Lessons Learned Remove candidates that are not practical, feasible or cost-effective from consideration.
Lesson 6 | Helpful Tips
- To be aware of ten tips that can help A3 Teams be effective and efficient when conducting A3 Projects.
- An assessment of the learner’s progress in this course.