Last updated: May 25, 2018
This privacy notice will inform you as to how we:
- Look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from),
- Handle your personal data in connection with this website, and
We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your rights in your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Training Offered Through Our Business Customers
Unlike our websites, most of the training services of Resource Engineering, Inc. are intended for use by our business customers, and your use of them is administered by your company.
In such cases, authorized personnel at your company may have access to your personal information processed by Resource Engineering, Inc., and your company may have policies applicable to your use of them. Resource Engineering, Inc. is not responsible for our business customers’ policies and practices related to data privacy and security, which may be different from this privacy notice and any applicable notice provide by our business customers.
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform.
Information You, Your Employer or Business Associates Provide
- Marketing and Communications – If you chose to join our email list by viewing an online demo lesson or subscribing to our newsletter, we will collect your name and email address and possibly other information including your country, phone number, employer and job title.
- Purchasing Training Online – If you purchase online training through the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, you create an account in our online store that includes your name, contact information and the name and contact information of your learner if you are purchasing training for another person. For security, your financial transaction is processed through a third-party payment processor (or PayPal if you request us to send you a PayPal Invoice) and we do not store sensitive cardholder data, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
- Training/Learner Profile – When you purchase online training through QualityTrainingPortal, you create a profile on the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform where we collect your name, contact information, and course you are registered for. Your profile may also be created by the organization you work for or have a business association with. For example, some professional organizations such as the American Society of Quality (ASQ) offer our training through their Learning Management System which is connected to our Learning Management System, Esprit LMS. In other cases, you may be registered for our training through your employer’s customer.
- General Communications – When you communicate with us (via email, phone, chat, through the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Automatically Collected Information
- Engagement – We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Resource Engineering, Inc. cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources of Information
We may receive analytics data about you from the sources listed below, as well as, public sources. Please use the following links for more information about how Google and Salesforce collect and use data when you visit their partners’ websites or apps:
- Google – Used for understanding website usage to improve value to users and increase engagement.
- Mailchimp – Used for collecting names and email addresses for eNewsletters on request by users.
- Olark – Used for customer and pre-sales support as well as website usage analysis.
- Opt-In Monster – Used for collecting names and email addresses for eNewsletters on request by users.
What We Do Not Collect
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Resource Engineering, Inc. uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services – To provide you the services we offer on the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, communicate with you about your use of the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization – To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, to suggest content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform.
- Marketing and Promotions – For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics – To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform; to evaluate and improve the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law – To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
- Service Providers – We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
- Business Transfers – We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Legally Required – We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of Rights – We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Resource Engineering, Inc., its users, or others.
- Your Content and Activity – If you access training through your organizations account or through a third-party organization, your Training Profile, including your name, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to the administrators of those accounts.
- Metrics – We may share aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the content in the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information.
- Anonymized and Aggregated Data – We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, and to display personalized content and user preferences.
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools.We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals – Please note we do not change system behavior within the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform Personalization
We may display personalized content based on information that we have collected via the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform, and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw particular content and related audience engagement information to business partners of Resource Engineering, Inc.
Change of Purpose
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Resource Engineering, Inc. has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Resource Engineering, Inc. Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
How Long Will You Use My Personal Data For?
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “Request erasure” in the Glossary at Section 11 below for further information.
- In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Transferring Your Data
Resource Engineering, Inc. is headquartered in the United States, and has operations, entities and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Links to Other Websites
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Resource Engineering, Inc.
- Name or title of DPO: Data Protection Officer
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: PO Box 449, Waitsfield, VT 05673, U.S.A.
- Telephone number: 800-810-8326 or 802-496-5888