Efforts to keep defects from occurring
- Cost of Quality inputs in the Prevention category often deal with focused improvement opportunities.
- Many Prevention activities involve projects that target a specific recurring problem, yielding a solution that modifies how a process will be operated in the future.
Prevention Cost of Quality inputs can be loosely grouped into four categories:
- Training and education
- Preventive maintenance (PM)
- Work on improvement projects
- Process engineering enhancements
Prevention includes activities such as:
- Quality planning
- Process control
- Engineering enhancements