What It Is Used For
- To analyze the how each step in a process is performing against its key measures.
When to Use It
- At the start of an improvement initiative to show the steps in the process and the current performance levels for each step.
- To help identify process steps that can be eliminated or improved.
- This is used as the basis for a Future State Map that helps focus the organization on where improvements are needed.
- The State Maps should show interactions with the supply chain and with customers as well as internal processes.