What They Are Used For
- To analyze the how each step in a process is performing against its key measures.
When to Use It
- To create a Current State Map at the start of an improvement initiative to show the steps in the process and the current performance levels for each step.
- To help identify process steps that can be eliminated or improved and formulate a Future State Map.
- A Future State Map envisions the “to-be” condition where the plan is to ensure that all workflow elements add-value.
- The State Maps (Current and Future) should show interactions with the supply chain and customers as well as internal processes.