What It Is Used For
- To use a group’s expertise to select from among options.
When to Use It
- With a team and when there are limited data to help select an option or a solution to a problem.
- This technique forces the team to directly compare options relative to each.
- Like the Nominal Group Technique, this technique is only as good as the skills and knowledge of the team that it using it.
- Forced Ranking should not be used as a substitute for collecting data (especially during root cause analysis).